Thursday, July 12, 2012

Paranoia Insomnia


Have you ever considered that someone else is inside your house when you are asleep? As a kid i grew up at the base of the santa rosa foothills, decently far removed from the business of downtown, tucked amongst trees and creeks. I was terrified of everything, the woods that bordered our field held unthinkable horrors that stared back at my young gaze, waiting for me to close my eyes so they could find a way into my room. We didn't lock our doors every night , out there my parents figured there was no need too, but they didn't know about the woods like I did. There were many nights staying up on guard from what i thought was lurking outside, I built a fortress of blankets and sheets that encased my 4 post bed(before the 6th sense even did it, imagine how scared i was after i saw that), had a little night light, and always slept facing the door. One memory that really fucked me up was when we had heard about one of our neighbors that had caught a homeless man trying to break into his trailer in the middle of the night. Apparently he didn't catch the man, who he saw running back to the creek off into the darkness before he could fire his shotgun at him. I adventured into that creek later and found some camps and markings of small living areas. I think my parents may have locked the door after that, but it didn't quell my fears of what, or who was staring into my room from the end of those woods. 15 years later I'm obsessed with horror, the things i feared so much as a child have integrated their way into my everyday life, and i almost can look back upon my child hood haunts fondly. I might have turned out sort of weird, but shit, some people like me.


Point is. People are living in your walls probably and you can't do anything about it. Stay haunted.

No comments:

Post a Comment